The Damböckhaus was built in 1872 by the Puchberg shepherds. The viennese silk manufacturer Johann Damböck supported this construction with financial means. Hence the name Damböckhaus.
It was renovated in 1898 and taken over by the Austrian Tourist Club. In 1919, a complete renovation began, which lasted until 1923. The large extension took place in 1982. In 2010, the mountain huts on the Schneeberg were connected to the Puchberg water pipe and the sewer network, which also benefited the Damböckhaus. The interior has also been rebuilt.
The mattress storage facilities have been converted to twin rooms and some rooms have been equipped with showers.
The toilet rooms have been renovated and adapted for disabled people.